Some projects I work on are finalists for some nonprofit awards. I’m hoping we get to go get all boozy at the awards luncheon a la Mad Men.
I have a three hour layover Saturday night at McCarran International. Killll meeeee.
Leave DC tomorrow at 8 AM, layover in Houston, arrive in Phoenix around 12:30. Then drive an hour to Globe.
Leave Phoenix around 6 PM on Saturday, layover in Vegas, arrive back in DC at 6:30 AM Sunday morning. Will rush over to C’s, get a few hours of sleep and hope the weather is nice so we can do something fun to commemorate our first magic night together a year ago.
Now that I dropped a small fortune at the Ski Chalet sale last night (skis, poles, boots and a new jacket with polka dots), we’re pushing Peru to September.
But the real reason for this delay is that we’re gonna use our flight vouchers and my hotel points to GO OUT WEST IN THE WINTER.
I seriously love my life, my partner, and all the adventures I have yet to experience.
1. Carly is back in town and I got to help surprise everyone with her presence on Saturday night. Everyone had tons of fun at Little Miss Whiskey’s, so much fun that I cried in the cab on the way home about how amazing my friends are, how much I’ve missed Carly, and how lucky I am.
2. I love being domestic. I cooked a wonderful dinner for my man on Saturday night, followed by delicious french toast Sunday morning.
3. We talked about our future family, which of course excites me. We are going to have awesome, tall babies.
4. Hit up the Greek Festival and stuffed my face with gyro, spanakopita and grape leaves.
5. Oh, and had an awesome day in Lancaster, PA with my family. Complete with three pieces of apple pie.
I’m actually getting a little excited for this Arizona trip. I won’t be staying in crappy Phoenix, I’ll be in Globe, which is right near Tonto National Forest. Yay!
So this Arizona trip ruining my NYC getaway isn’t so terrible after all:
1. I get to produce and direct without having to actually do the shooting.
2. I get to visit a Native American reservation and learn about the schools there.
3. I will get my Marriott rewards points back (and maybe earn more), which combined with the U.S. Airways vouchers Casey and I both got, we can now go on an even better getaway, which will be ski related:)
I’m doing the one thing I never wanted to do: cancel special plans because of work. We’re supposed to celebrate one year since our first magic night in NYC coming up. But now I’ve been asked to do some filming in Arizona for that weekend:(