I'm too busy.
Tomorrow: - Photographing cherry blossoms early in the morning before work - Work all day - Birthday happy hour for friend Friday: - Work all day - Make our way up to Ellicott City for dinner and some band Saturday: - Intro Brother and my love at birthday lunch for Brother - Buy rollerblades - Daytime house party in Rockville - Vampire Weekend at DAR - Yet another birthday celebration somewhere...
Carly: you going running?
Carly: you might want to wait a bit after work
Me: well since i walked to H&M today i think that counts as a workout right
Carly: its like an obstacle course out there
Carly: its a sea of fat people
Carly: why is america do damn fat?
Me: well the tourists are in town
I can't wait for Saturday:
1. No class 2. 80 degrees and sunny 3. 6 months with my love 4. Play day outside 5. Vampire Weekend
David Brooks: The Sandra Bullock Trade →
“According to another, being married produces a psychic gain equivalent to more than $100,000 a year.”
Ray: your wedding would suck... i couldn't hook up with any of your brides maids because I know all of them already
Learned a new favorite descriptive word this weekend. Apparently people ask if I’m always “buzzing” meaning do I always have so much energy. The answer is yes by the way. I am pretty much always buzzing.
Yay! DCist used one of my photos. →
The dirt on my sensor is sooo annoying.
I love my grad program. Spending the morning on The Mall photographing the National Kite Festival. Yay!
2 things that make me feel better after a...
1. Boxing 2. Passing cars on my bike in the city
I am soooo tired and I need a hug.
More multimedia inspiration →
And now I want to be even more annoying and fully document everything with my love.
I want to be this good →
Things that make me feel like an adult:
1. Having my words matter in meetings at work 2. Going out for drinks and not getting drunk 3. Overnights with my love’s family 4. Being able to communicate my emotions in a healthy way 5. Enjoying being drama-free 6. Controlling my impulses (slightly) 7. Eating real meals for dinner 8. Hanging out with married couples 9. Feeling calm with thoughts of “forever” 10. Being happy...
An Absence of Class →
“For decades the G.O.P. has been the party of fear, ignorance and divisiveness. All you have to do is look around to see what it has done to the country. The greatest economic inequality since the Gilded Age was followed by a near-total collapse of the overall economy. As a country, we have a monumental mess on our hands and still the Republicans have nothing to offer in the way of a remedy...
I hate when people say “I’ve heard good things about you.” I know it’s a compliment, but in my obsession with feedback and validation, all I ever want to say back is “from who and what specifically?”
2 great lines from my 2 fave columnists:
Paul Krugman, New York Times “This is, of course, a political victory for President Obama, and a triumph for Nancy Pelosi, the House speaker. But it is also a victory for America’s soul. In the end, a vicious, unprincipled fear offensive failed to block reform. This time, fear struck out.” E.J. Dionne Jr., Washington Post “If bipartisanship is more fashionable than...
Bye bye Rush →
You wouldn’t want to be a liar or hypocrite would you Mr. Limbaugh? I’m sure those values are unacceptable to an upstanding member of the GOP such as yourself.
I have the only thing in life I ever truly wanted. Real, honest and shared love. I’m complete.
Me: did you know i haven't been shopping in months
Me: i'm dying
Ray: i thought love was filling that empty void
Ray: i guess a women's need to shop is a bottomless addiction pit
Texas should seriously secede →
The Places We Live →
I need to do a case study of a multimedia project for class. I loooove The Places We Live. I wonder how difficult it would be to interview a Norwegian photographer?
New things I have tried this week:
1. Pomegranate seeds in my morning yogurt 2. Spicy hummus 3. Biking to boxing instead of metro or car 4. Reading manuals 5. Taking pictures of strangers
Witnessed an unsettling interaction today walking to work. I was waiting to cross the street and see this young woman and little boy, about 4 years old, running on the other side. She was ahead of him and he looked like he was trying his hardest to keep up. The woman starts yelling as the bus that was stopped pulled away. Even though she is 4 lanes of busy traffic across me I can hear her yelling...
Dear Alex, I finally read the manual to my Nikon, and am amazed at how much I learned. Thought you’d like to know. I am now a fan of reading manuals.
I enjoy looking at our photos over and over and thinking to myself, “body language analysts would agree that we are very much in love.”
My next free weekend is April 24th. Book me while you can.
4 new restaurants I tried last week:
1. sweetgreen - Definitely a good lunch spot for a salad, though I might prefer Chop’t. 2. Commonwealth - Different beer selection and they do whiskey flights, though I struggled to find something I wanted to eat on the menu and ended up with a tasty arugula salad. 3. Dukem - Took C here for his birthday dinner and first experience with Ethiopian food. The place was packed and very...
The birthday plan was a success! He loved all his presents and was truly appreciative. It’s sooo nice to be with someone who appreciates you.
What I'm doing right now:
1. Wrapping presents 2. Writing love notes 3. Wriggling around my apt