As if I don't talk about myself enough... →
I like that the bf has awesome friends that are fun to hang out with. Bonus points for them all being couples. Makes me feel adult.
Seeing the photographs someone took moments before they died when the second tower was hit on 9/11 is incredibly chilling.
My weekend plans in links:
1. Newseum 2. Library of Congress 3. Grapeseed 4. Bed 5. Beacon brunch
Donating Breast Milk to Haiti's Babies →
Ew ew ew
Hollertronix - Murderer
Reasons my mood has improved:
1. Decided my hair isn’t that bad 2. I have the most wonderful and supportive boyfriend ever 3. Scored a victory at work 4. Who cares if these new assignments are intimidating? Its kinda cool to be writing scripts and producing video for work 5. Saturday night will be here before I know it
Reasons I'm not in a great mood today:
1. I am so sleepy 2. I have bangs again, gdamnit 3. I have to write a script for this video, but I don’t really know how 4. I’m sick of homework 5. I’m sick of politics Waahhhhh.
Egg Watchers: the egg timer that entertains you →
Alex: you make me grim-lol
grimace + lol.
at the same time.
it's odd. and disconcerting.
like zoey dechanele.
Alex: your mind is like a hummingbird
Are Edible Panties Food? D.C. Lawmakers Must... →
Sigh. Why must Sundays end? At least I have spinach tortellini soup and our Vermont mix making night to look forward to this week. Oh, and SOTU.
Yes to 500 Days of Summer
Summer: I woke up one morning and I just knew. Tom: Knew what? Summer: What I was never sure of with you.
I'm really excited because:
1. I will be on my way to Killington two weeks from now. 2. My sexy boyfriend is excited to try new vegetarian recipes with me. 3. I get to dance tomorrow night. 4. My run on Tuesday went way better than I anticipated. 5. I’m starting to feel like I’m part of the team at work. 6. I get to enjoy my momma’s cooking on Sunday. 7. An international trip is in the works for this year.
Strict Enforcement of the 2 Hour and 20 Minute...
“With thousands of tourists in town for cherry blossom season, we must have all runners off the course by 10:30 A.M. All runners must maintain a 14-minute-per-mile pace or you will have to exit the course at the five-mile mark. Runners who fall behind 14-minute-per-mile pace during the second half of the race will be required to board our sweep vehicle. If you feel you cannot maintain...
I’ve got an angel She doesn’t wear any wings She wears a heart that can melt my own She wears a smile that can make me wanna sing She gives me presents With her presence alone She gives me everything I could wish for She gives me kisses on the lips just for coming home She could make angels I’ve seen it with my own eyes You gotta be careful when you’ve got good love Cause...
This post is dedicated to Jess: I can definitely love again.
CNN Gets Indie With Vice and Sub Pop Partnerships →
For those that don’t know, Vice is amazing.
Ray: so proud of you
Ray: only 5 years ago
Ray: you wouldn't touch any meat unless it was wrapped in a condom
1. Pork loin in a portebello marinade 2. Roasted red potatoes (olive oil and onion) 3. Green beans almondine Sooooo can’t wait to see my guy!
Tonight I have:
1. Locked myself out of my apartment 2. Found a strangers ugly sock in with my laundry 3. Tried to get into the wrong apartment
Lessons and jokes from this weekend:
1. I will never willingly live outside a coastal and intelligent city. 2. PA is still a whack ass state filled with dreary towns. 3. It is impossible to find wine in Harmony Lake. 4. Locals offer endless hours of entertainment. 5. “TINA! You’re six deep back here. You’re patrons are getting thirsty.” 6. BIITCH! 7. “We’re going to start calling you Puff instead...
I've never laughed so much in one weekend.
To quote the band currently playing in the lodge bar right now “the more I drink, the more I drink.”
I love Overheard in DC from DCist… On the D6 bus in Northwest at 11 p.m. on Thursday: A grandmotherly woman: “The sweetest baby I ever had was a god-damned nickel-plated .22 and a set of brass knuckles.”