It’s time to just enjoy what I have, forget about the few things I don’t have.
Reasons I'm sort of glad I didn't go to NYU:
1. I would have had a hell of a time starting a career in this economy. 2. I’d probably be a broke alcoholic from too much temptation in NYC. 3. I wouldn’t be right where I am today, which is exactly where I want to be.
Reasons I wish I had gone to NYU for grad school:
1. I will spend the rest of my life wondering “what if.” 2. There are so many more cute boys in NYC than DC. 3. I ‘dropped out’ for all the wrong reasons.
Take the Narcissistic Personality Inventory →
I scored a 30. Um, maybe it’s time for me to take it down a notch.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALEX!
Figure you get a special shout out here since you provide nearly all the links I post.
Back in DC. That getaway was exactly what I needed. Well, minus the sobfest at the end of the night over how much Sarah and I love each other and how happy I am for Debbie and Eric. P.S. Detox diet this week to prep for the shore this coming weekend.
It hurts me so bad to leave NYC.
Brick Lane Curry House or Caracas?
Never get on a bus to NYC hungry. I need a cheeseburger!
Things I will never learn:
1. Ice cream makes me feel sick 2. It is never necessary to take shots 3. No can actually mean no even when I want it to be a yes 4. How to excercise restraint 5. Some people are not inherently good 6. How to spell “nauseous” without looking it up 7. If a red flag pops up, run, don’t hope
Alex: where are my cookies, batch
Me: you are too busy
Alex: HOW DOES ME BEING BUSY PREVENT YOU FROM BRINGING ME COOKIES?
This weekend: NYC Next weekend: Jersey Shore (ha!) Weekend after that: My Interactive Journalism grad program begins
Stroh’s is the new PBR.
So I whipped out a stack of 100s today to buy lingerine at Victoria’s...– My friends are on a role this week
Is this what happens when you don’t have a boyfriend? You decide to have...– Ray, after answering my questions on how to register my domain name and find a hosting service for my new blog (more info on that to come).
The work goes on, the cause endures, the hope still lives and the dreams shall...– Sen. Edward Kennedy
Things Jameson is good for:
1. soothing a saddened heart 2. nighttime brainstorming for work projects 3. makes for some good writing when served with Explosions in the Sky
27b-6: (noun) the art of skillfully manipulating complete idiots or people you despise in order to get exactly what you want
Ben Harper - Walk Away →
I went to a housewarming party last night where I befriended my pseudo enemy in...– love my friends
Meiko - Reasons to Love You →
Cracker Jack Joke:
Why was the frog so happy? Because he ate everything that bugged him!
Tattoos really are addictive! I talked about what I want to do tie the three tattoos on my back together, and the artist was really excited. We discussed cherry blossom petals over doing it with branches. But now I think I want to go with simple vines. I’m nervous because I’ve never really worked with a tattoo artist before to design something. All of my tattoos are little and simple...
Best friend/adventure partner requirements:
1. Must be ok with making out and snuggling 2. Must be be able to teach me something about life 3. Must wake up on Saturday or Sunday mornings with a desire (and freedom) to take a random day trip 4. Must embrace my whims and help me with projects I come up with until I get bored with them 5. Must respond quickly to text messages and emails 6. Must be liberal 7. Must like cookies
It's Monday and....
1. I love my new tattoo. 2. Met a guy at this party who is Brazilian and he has the exact same lips as my crazy Brazilian ex (and no, we didn’t kiss, they just looked exactly the same). 3. I am going to NYC this weekend for a super girly time with my besties from college. 4. Work will be intense this week. Lots of decisions and lots of potential change. 5. I miss Darren terribly and want...
Eep! Sushi at Oya tonight with D.
Today is tattoo day! Going into work for a few hours (third Summer Friday in a row, damn you health care), then going to Fatty’s. I’ll be getting la vérité, “the truth” in French, on my left hip. It comes from my favorite phrase ”La vérité vaut bien qu’on passe quelques années sans la trouver,” which means “the truth is more valuable if it takes a...
I picked up a JC’s menu. It has “fried prok chop” under its...– Carly, talking about our local chinese food place that we are both weary of trying, but know we will stumble into one of these nights.
I am now a commissioned photographer. Haha. Thanks Jess, I’ll take Nutella as my payment.
Why does Jameson feel so good?
Joe Purdy - Falling Down →
Can you tell I’m experiencing a bit of heartbreak?